Monday, March 3, 2008

Woah....

It was a Wednesday night and I went to see the music technology concert in the PACE building... on my own... in the pitch black... with some annoying buggers sitting behind me talking all posh and knowledgeable about music and lighting... with the only source of light being the green spec coming from the speakers which surrounded the room. There were to be 4 pieces performed- all done digitally with one accompanied by a live piano with a woman called Sarah who had won prizes for this.

The pieces scared me shitless... everything about them scared me shitless! However, they were amazing and I really could get a picture of where this kind of music could be played. With my eyes closed I imagined something like "Hex" at Alton Towers, or the middle of a horror scene, or possibly the build up to some sort of battle in a science fiction film. Whatever the scenario may have been, rarely have I had shivers from such music. At one point, the music seemed to travel over your head and it gave my complete right side a shudder!

Overall it was amazing and I really wish it would have been a longer concert. Bring them back- don't let the partnership they have with this uni disappear! Please?!

Pix
xxxxx

No comments: