Monday, March 3, 2008

I never knew...

I went to the "women in the music industry" talk on the Wednesday and let's just say that it was full of surprises. Clearly the music industry is sexist and I have never been so assured of that as when Louise Smith commented about it. I have realised I have a new admirer. She has a family and is running a successful record company... woah! She has recorded albums with Kylie, Madonna and others... she was responsible for the massive hit of 2007 called "The Creeps"... bloody hell!

I was amazed to see that so many women were in this talk, who all wanted similar careers. I am NOT a feminist but I am very passionate about women and men having an equal status in the music industry- my main passion in life. So all I can say is good on Louise and I would love to talk to her again soon.

Pix
xxxx

p.s she must be awesome- one of her heroes is Tony Visconte (the producer of David Bowie and Mark Bolan!)

No comments: